Dunstan Baby Language Classes
WHAT IS DUNSTAN BABY LANGUAGE (DBL)?
- A breakthrough method that teaches parents to understand the meaning of their baby’s cries.
- DBL covers the 5 everyday “words” that all babies use from birth to communicate their everyday needs: hunger, tiredness, need to burp, lower wind and discomfort.
- These ‘words’ are based on physical reflexes. For instance when a baby is hungry it starts to suck, and as sound is added to the reflex the ‘word’ for hunger is produced.
DUNSTAN BABY CLASSES – HOW IS IT DIFFERENT?
- Moms know intuitively that babies have different cries for different needs.
- Baby Language is the first system to teach moms exactly what each cry sounds like.
- The benefits of Baby Language are supported by independent research studies in Australia, the USA and the UK in 2006/2007 and observations of over 1000 babies.
Being able to listen and understand their baby’s needs deepens the bond between parents and their child, and eases some of the pressure and stress felt by most mothers and fathers. Attachment research attests to the benefits for infants when parents are responsive caregivers.
By teaching parents how to identify and address the needs of their baby more quickly, the Dunstan System delivers a range of positive outcomes for parents and infants:
- Baby will cry less and settle more easily.
- Parents feel less stressed, more confident and in-control.
- As household stress reduces parents experience more positive marital relationships.
- Moms experience better feeding results.
- Babies have more uninterrupted sleep. And as baby sleeps, so can mom and dad
- Prevent shaken baby syndrome (SBS)
WHOM ARE DBL PARENT CLASSES SUITABLE FOR?
Classes are suitable during last trimester of pregnancy and baby’s first 12 weeks.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- Primary caregiver including Grandparent & Domestic Helper
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE CLASS?
a) History And Research
b) Tuning-in With The Dunstan System
c) Learning Baby Language – The 5 Words, helps you to correctly identify and address the basic needs of your baby from day 1 when baby is born.
– ’Neh’ For Hungry
– ‘Eh’ For Need to Burp
– ‘Owh’ For Sleep
– ‘Eairh’ For Lower Wind Pain
– ‘Heh’ For Discomfort
d) Dunstan Newborn Tips– Feeding, Sleeping, Settling Techniques for lower abdominal pain
e) Additional baby care tips on bathing, different methods of swaddling, hygiene
f) Creating A Baby Guided Routine
g) How to use Baby Journal
h) Certificate upon successful completion of lessons
i) Purchase of DVD is optional
HOW LONG IS THE LESSON?
- Two private lessons of 90mins/lesson, unlimited to family members including grandparents and helper. Comes with two free consultations via whatsapp.
- Private consultation (non medical) in the comfort of your home. Suitable for sleep-deprived parents who have tried everything but nothing seems to settle the newborn. If you wish to have someone qualified to identify what the core concern for the crying newborn, this private consultation is for you.
– Fee for lesson is $80/hr.
– Consultation for home visit is $80/hr.