Postnatal Massage with Wrap
Regular massage after childbirth in the postpartum period is very beneficial to all new mothers. It is most important to take best care of yourself, so that you can have energy to care for your baby. Physical discomforts and symptoms are addressed, as well as your emotional state. Body, mind and soul are nurtured and rejuvenated, letting you be the best mom you can be.
- Provide personalized and customized in-house postpartum care for new mothers
- Applying Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) principles for postnatal health and disease prevention of maternal health
- Various options of 3, 5, 7, 10, 14 or more intense sessions of massages and abdominal binding (wrap) are available depending on individual’s requirements.
What to Prepare
- No heavy meal 2 hours before the massage. Eat light meal or snack if hungry.
- Bathe before the massage (n blow your hair dry).
- Drink a glass of warm water after the massage.
- Keep the wrap on for at least 6 hours. You can remove the first layer if you find it too tight and keep the rest on, if possible.
- Some herbs may drop on the floor so remove everything in the toilet after 6 hours.
- Wash the black cloth (and the gurita) which has direct contact with the skin after every session.
- Rest 30 mins after the massage before eating.
- Do not eat a heavy meal with soup immediately after the wrap to aviod discomfort. Eat smaller portion and more frequent meals.
- Keep your body warm by wearing socks or slippers at home.
Some of the benefits include:-
- application of jamu herbs on forehead helps to prevent dizziness and improves eyesight
- application of jamu herbs on abdomen helps to tone the abdomen muscle
- wraping helps to expel excess “wind” from the abdomen and straighten the spine
- provide relaxation and stress relief
- promote blood circulation
- eliminate toxins through the lymphatic system
- Improve sleep and appetite
- ease muscle aches and pain
- exfoliate dead cells and regenerate skin renewal
- relieve water retention
- reinstates uterus to its original size