Moxibustion Liver Therapy
Moxibustion Liver therapy increases the secretion of bile to help detoxify the liver, help digestion, improve irritable mood, strengthen the manufacture of red blood cells, promote fat metabolism.
Moxibustion Liver Wellness Set is Suitable for
Those who feel weak and fatigue and wish to improve the liver function.
Those who have eyesight or eye concern such as dry and itchy eyes.
If you are an emotional eater.
If you have headaches and neckaches.
Is Liver a Gland or an Organ?
The liver is one of the vital organs of the body, responsible for hundreds of chemical actions that the body needs to survive. It is also a gland because it secretes chemicals that are used by other parts of the body. For these reasons the liver is both an organ and a gland; in fact, it is the largest internal organ in the body.
What Is the Function of the Liver?
The liver has multiple functions and it is where health begins. It supports every system. It makes many of the chemicals required by the body to function normally. Liver is vital for cleansing, storage as well as production.
- toxins from drugs, alcohol, and harmful substances
- nitrogen from amino acids
- vitamin B12
- folic acid
- vitamin A for vision
- vitamin D for calcium absorption
- vitamin K to help blood to clot properly
- glycogen (compound that stores energy)
- Iron, from the breakdown of red blood cells and food (required to make red blood cells)
· heat (Liver is the body’s radiator. It produces more heat than any other organ.)
- vitamin A (from carotene, found in green-leafed vegetables and carrots)
- Vitamin D
- bile (helps with food digestion)
- plasma proteins: albumin, globulin, prothrombin, fibrinogen
- uric acid and urea, from the breakdown of red blood cells and de-amination of amino acids
· stored (saturated) fat into other fat products (like cholesterol)
· glycogen to glucose, when energy is needed
· glucose back to glycogen, in the presence of insulin
· metabolises protein
In Chinese medicine, according to the five element, each of the organs has an emotional component, which is just as important as its physical functions in the body, and the emotion of the liver is anger.
The state of the liver is actually fundamental to how we will feel the emotion, which could directly shape how we will act or react to what life dishes out. It is hard to accept life on life’s terms when one’s liver is toxic with unwanted chemicals!
If you are often irritable, get angry easily, have trouble unwinding from the day’s activities, have trouble reasoning or going with the flow and letting things go, it is a good time to improve the function of the liver to achieve optimal health.
How Does Anger Affect Our Qi?
Anger makes Qi rise, so many of its effects will be felt in your head and neck: headaches are the most common symptom and thirst can all be signs of a Liver imbalance.
Eyes and the Liver
The health of the eyes is related to the health of the liver. In Chinese medicine, meridians are “rivers of energy” that course through our bodies. When one has bloodshot eyes, dry or itchy eyes, it is a good time to look at the liver.